Maximum Games is a top 20 global video game publisher.
Founded in 2009, Maximum Games is a global top 20 video game publisher and distributor led by Christina Seelye, a seasoned executive of consumer products and go-to-market strategies. Maximum Games has been on Inc. Magazine’s “Inc. 5000” list of Fastest Growing Private Companies five years in a row and has been recognized with numerous accolades from the American Business Awards, Deloitte, San Francisco Business Times, and Women Presidents’ Organization, to name a few.
Modus Games is a label of Maximum Games focused on bringing AAA publishing services to the best independent developers around the world. The Modus label leverages our global resources and expertise to ensure each title is critically and commercially successful.
Modus Studios is a cross-platform development company specializing in first-party game development and technical support services. The first team to join Modus Studios operates out of Brasília, Brazil and have created original IP’s, as well as providing co-development, testing, programming and engineering to other talented developers around the world. The company is continually on the lookout for other entities to add to its group of development teams.
As an innovative video game publisher, we encourage employees to set aside corporate attire and mindset in favor of entrepreneurism, strategic thinking and just enough process-orientation to be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The company values productive fun and invites team members to leverage their skills and abilities for company and personal success.
If this is the right environment for you, we are currently searching for a Senior Brand Manager.
This position will report to the Associate Director of Brand Marketing and work closely with cross-functional marketing teams to position our products for success digitally and at retail under the Modus Games publishing brand. As a Senior Brand Manager, you will work with developers, first party partners, external agencies, and internal teams to ensure that each game is presented in the best possible light and finds its audience in the broader gaming community. If you love games, have a mind for marketing, and know your way around a spreadsheet, apply now!
This position is full time, hybrid (3 days in office) and will be based out of Maximum Games Headquarters in Walnut Creek, California.
- Lead global marketing strategy, execution and reporting for a portfolio of game titles
- Identify and champion improvements and overarching strategies to elevate our internal processes and creative marketing efforts
- Manage the publisher/developer marketing relationship and guide our development partners to best support the marketing and promotion of their games
- Define product objectives, strategies, positioning, value proposition, comp titles, messaging, and target markets
- Conduct research and data analysis on customer demographics, competitive analysis, forecasting and sales trends for the overall game industry and various consumer segments
- Work with the game production team to develop strategies, tactics, and communication calendars
- Create marketing plans and post-mortem analysis of campaigns, as well as all activities surrounding the briefing, creation, and review of assets (primarily video and art) for specific titles
- Manage allocated marketing budgets and internal budget communication with cross functional teams and accounting
- Work closely with external creative agencies & internal art production teams to support development of marketing assets for delivery and distribution to internal and external partners
- Execute marketing tactics in collaboration with community, events, creative teams, and various partners
- Assist Sales & Biz Dev teams by developing sales-related tools, trade marketing proposals, correspondence, materials/reports, and presentations
- Represent and advocate for your games and the Modus brand in meetings with PlayStation, Nintendo, Valve, Microsoft, Google, press, and at trade shows
- Be a fun, positive and scrappy member of the team and take pride in your work!
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or similar field
- 5-7+ years of professional experience in marketing – preferably in the electronic entertainment space
- Budget management experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience with managing direct reports
- Self-starter, shows initiative and can work independently
- Internally motivated and constantly driven to improve
- Great attention to detail and highly analytical
- Creative minded and able to critique creative work
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, motivated to improve efficiency and processes
- MS Office Suite skills - strong Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Video game industry experience strongly preferred
- All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.