Maximum Games is a top 20 global video game publisher.
Founded in 2009, Maximum Games is a global top 20 video game publisher and distributor led by Christina Seelye, a seasoned executive of consumer products and go-to-market strategies. Maximum Games has been on Inc. Magazine’s “Inc. 5000” list of Fastest Growing Private Companies five years in a row and has been recognized with numerous accolades from the American Business Awards, Deloitte, San Francisco Business Times, and Women Presidents’ Organization, to name a few.
Modus Games is a label of Maximum Games focused on bringing AAA publishing services to the best independent developers around the world. The Modus label leverages our global resources and expertise to ensure each title is critically and commercially successful.
Modus Studios is a cross-platform development company specializing in first-party game development and technical support services. The first team to join Modus Studios operates out of Brasília, Brazil and have created original IP’s, as well as providing co-development, testing, programming and engineering to other talented developers around the world. The company is continually on the lookout for other entities to add to its group of development teams.
As an innovative video game publisher, we encourage employees to set aside corporate attire and mindset in favor of entrepreneurism, strategic thinking and just enough process-orientation to be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The company values productive fun and invites team members to leverage their skills and abilities for company and personal success.
The Digital Sales team at Maximum Games is hiring an eCommerce Manager that will report to the Director of Sales. You will be responsible for driving growth and developing the strategy for the Maximum Games Store (store.maximumgames.com). Manage the design and user experience, optimize processes for scale, and execute product launches to grow the channel. We are looking for a scrappy, self-starter with the vision and know-how to create a successful online retail experience for our customers.
This position is full time, hybrid (3 days in office) and will be based out of Maximum Games Headquarters in Walnut Creek, California.
In this position, you will:
- Develop and execute growth strategy for the online store
- Optimize the customer journey to increase conversion, retention, and user experience
- Manage daily operations including product setup, warehouse communication, and vendors
- Establish scalable processes for short-term, limited-release product launches
- Drive traffic with digital marketing campaigns via Facebook Ads and Google Ads
- Collaborate with Marketing on product launches, promotional campaigns, and CRM
- Schedule and execute seasonal store promotions
- Report traffic, sales metrics, and trends to internal stakeholders
- Build and implement a loyalty program
- Attend industry events like GDC, E3, Gamescom and assist with presentations or meetings
- Establish and document best practices, become the in-house expert on eCommerce
Ideally, you have:
- 2-5 years of eCommerce experience with Shopify or other platforms
- SEO, email marketing, website optimization and content marketing experience
- Certification from Facebook Ads or Google Ads/Analytics
- History of successful pre-order campaigns
- Familiarity with physical and digital limited-edition products
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Passion and interest for video games and memorabilia
- Video game industry experience preferred
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.