Mighty is a mission driven startup using technology and capital to make personal injury work better for plaintiffs and all the parties that support them.
Mighty is using technology to solve one of the most important and overlooked challenges of our time: the steep obstacles faced by accident victims and the people supporting them to achieve medical recovery, financial security, and legal justice. We reject society’s stigma around personal injury and see a service that, when done well, delivers justice for millions of ordinary people who could not otherwise afford it. Fresh off our 2021 Series B from a top-tier VC, we’re building innovative solutions at the intersection of legal, financial, and health tech for the injured and everyone who supports them.
Mighty is hiring a Copywriter to be the voice of our company and, most importantly, our soon-to-launch consumer brand. Our business is changing in exciting ways and our voice needs to change, too. We want to be less serious, more irreverent; we want to let our earnest quirkiness show through. We’re looking for a copywriter to help communicate the right balance of serious expertise and true humanness.
As our first in-house copywriter, you’ll work cross functionally across our growth, product, and marketing teams to develop a consistent, distinctive voice. You’ll be responsible for what we say and how we say it in all of our marketing and at key junctures in the product experience.
As part of this application, we ask that you please provide us with some previous work samples that best exemplify your experience. These work samples should showcase your strong brand messaging chops. (Website link or file upload are both acceptable!)
This role can be based in New York, NY or be fully remote (US only).
- Write great copy: Own the execution of marketing copy across paid media, our website, our emails, and
- Define our voice: Create, maintain, and update voice/tone guidelines for all Mighty content to establish best practices
- Ensure consistency: Partner with teammates across Mighty to reinforce what we say and how we sound
- You have 5+ years of copywriting experience in consumer marketing, with prior agency experience being a plus
- You have a portfolio that displays a strong range of content and is representative of your brand copywriting expertise, your sense of humor, and your audience focus
- You have a track record collaborating cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, and Growth teams.
- You’re relentlessly curious. You’re excited by the challenge of taking a complex, convoluted industry and making it transparent and accessible for your audience
- In the first 30 days you will:
- Work with our branding agency to finalize brand guidelines
- Contribute to the design and copy of a new mighty.com
- Prepare for the launch of our consumer brand alongside team members across the org
- In the first 60 days you will:
- Guide the public launch of our consumer brand
- Help us set a strategy for how to present ourselves on social media
- Help with the execution of paid marketing assets
- In the first 90 days you will:
- Integrate into other teams to ensure a consistent voice
- Contribute to new customer onboarding flows
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits - health, vision, and dental, 401(k) with company contribution (Full Time Employees Only)
- Flexible paid time off - take time when you need it
- Learning and Development opportunities
- And more!