We make quality kitchen tools that are affordable and approachable.
Misen is a fast-growing DTC kitchenware startup searching for flexible go-getters who welcome the challenge of meeting the needs of a growing business. We’re specifically looking for a Director of Customer Experience who will roll up their sleeves and lead a team from inside the trenches. As a key member of our leadership team, you will help craft the company's customer success strategies, building strong relationships with customers and collaborating with cross-functional leaders internally to deliver consistently excellent customer experiences. Our ideal candidate is passionate about using analytical skills to identify problems, find solutions, and improve relationships. To succeed in this role, you should have relevant DTC or eCommerce customer management experience and thrive at leading teams.
What You'll Do:
- Guide the strategy for how we plan for the future and collaborate with the leadership team on developing and executing those plans—your best-in-class strategic thinking and ability to bring people together will be a driving force in how we successfully grow our business
- Maintain and develop customer success strategies and best practices, as well as customer support content, with the help of the creative team
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external senior-level management to understand customer needs, maximize retention and growth, and communicate learnings
- Maintain existing customer success metrics and data as directed
- Manage, grow and lead the customer experience team
- Implement software and project management best practices for a rapidly scaling team
- Prepare necessary documentation or visuals for client to demonstrate performance of campaigns; analyze trends in C-Sat/NPS scores to identify areas of improvement
- Work with the sales and marketing team to drill customer references and develop case studies
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience working within customer success role in and eCommerce or DTC company
- Understands what it takes to grow a process and team from 20 to 500
- You are low-ego, high-energy, and exhibit the qualities of a servant leader, always asking what you can do to make everyone around you more successful
- Constantly question the status quo and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve
- Able to execute on today’s challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we’ll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- Data-driven and goal-oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understand the importance of both
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You are inherently a curious person that loves to ideate, test, learn, and repeat. You love the process itself just as much as the end result
- Excited to roll up your sleeves and be part of a collaborative startup team where no task is too small (or large)
You’ll love working at Misen because:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people
- We offer competitive compensation, generous health benefits (health, vision, dental), a fun and relaxed office environment
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy and find fulfillment in your work very seriously
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world
- We love dogs and currently our “CEO” (Chief Eating Officer), Fluffnut, rules the roost...but we welcome others to join the team.
Our name comes from ‘mise en place’ — a culinary term that means “to put in place.” Chefs use the term to describe the process of setting up their stations before service. Misen is an ode to mise en place; better cooking through proper preparation with quality tools.
Our mission at Misen (www.misen.co) is to inspire and enable great cooking. For us, well-made kitchen tools are essential to that; whether it’s getting a perfect golden sear with a quality pan or beautifully slicing vegetables with a sharp knife, quality tools create better meals - and just make cooking more fun. By selling directly to consumers online and cutting out retail middlemen, we’re able to offer thoughtfully designed and premium-quality kitchen tools at honest prices.
We launched in 2015, with our Chef’s Knife raising over $1M in Kickstarter pledges. Since then, we’ve been slowly expanding our offerings for the kitchen—including stainless steel cookware and nonstick pans—and have even bigger plans for the future. Now, we’re looking for a few incredible humans to help us build the next phase of our growth.