We make quality kitchen tools that are affordable and approachable.
Misen is seeking a full time Talent Acquisition Recruiter to drive talent acquisition and lead the hiring process. This role will be responsible for developing efficient recruitment methods and working closely with various department managers to ensure appropriate job descriptions and hiring plans are implemented successfully.
To be eligible for this role you will have to have worked as an in house recruiter.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, facilitate, and implement all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborate with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Execute job descriptions and postings, interview questions and interview process for each job role via our ATS and on external job boards.
- Screen applications and conduct initial interviews for potential candidates.
- Assist with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Work within recruitment prospecting tools to generate and record leads.
- Proactively research and reach out to potential candidates using various recruiting tools.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years working as an in house talent recruiter.
- Experience hiring across full range of company job functions from Supply Chain, Creative, Marketing, Finance and Product Design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-track.
You’ll love working at Misen because:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people
- We offer competitive compensation, generous health benefits (health, vision, dental), a fun and relaxed office environment
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy and find fulfillment in your work very seriously
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world
- We love dogs and currently our “CEO” (Chief Eating Officer), Fluffnut, rules the roost...but we welcome others to join the team.
Our name comes from ‘mise en place’ — a culinary term that means “to put in place.” Chefs use the term to describe the process of setting up their stations before service. Misen is an ode to mise en place; better cooking through proper preparation with quality tools.
Our mission at Misen (www.misen.co) is to inspire and enable great cooking. For us, well-made kitchen tools are essential to that; whether it’s getting a perfect golden sear with a quality pan or beautifully slicing vegetables with a sharp knife, quality tools create better meals - and just make cooking more fun. By selling directly to consumers online and cutting out retail middlemen, we’re able to offer thoughtfully designed and premium-quality kitchen tools at honest prices.
We launched in 2015, with our Chef’s Knife raising over $1M in Kickstarter pledges. Since then, we’ve been slowly expanding our offerings for the kitchen—including stainless steel cookware and nonstick pans—and have even bigger plans for the future. Now, we’re looking for a few incredible humans to help us build the next phase of our growth.