We provide the best at-home child development curriculum for infants and toddlers, inspired by Montessori.
About Monti Kids
Before preschool, there’s Monti Kids! We are the only authentic Montessori program for infants and toddlers that is designed and delivered for use at home. Our subscription program provides custom-designed educational toys tailored to a child’s stage of development. Parents also receive our rich, online curriculum with videos and research-backed guides that teach them how to best support learning at home and access to a private community moderated by Montessori educators. It’s the perfect solution for busy, caring parents who want to give their baby the best start. Our program and toys were thoughtfully created by early childhood experts and inspire the many happy, engaged little customers you see on our social media feeds. Join us as we empower parents to give their little ones the best start in life. Let’s raise a generation of happy, creative, engaged, independent, and inspired children!
We are looking for a Creative Manager to turn all of our terrific creative energy into successful, beautiful work. You will manage the extensive and exciting range of creative projects that go into our product and marketing efforts, including physical product design (toys, cards, booklets, packaging), videos, photo shoots, emails, social posts, website and more! We have a constellation of contractors and in-house talent who need your management skills to keep them focused, on track, and on time. And, we need your keen eye for design to evaluate work, suggest improvements/changes, and ensure that everything is consistent with our brand voice and standards. We also need you to prioritize projects, ensure deadlines are met, and identify new resources to fill design needs. There will also be ample opportunities for you to do design work as well (if desired), but we expect the project management responsibilities to take the majority of your time. This role requires coordination across functional areas, including toy designers, graphic designers, content creators, marketing, our Montessori experts, sourcing, and the product team.
Organization, project management skills, attention to detail, time-management, and clear communication are a must for this role. People who are a good fit for us are team-oriented, smart, hands-on, ego-free and talented individuals with a strong work ethic and positive attitude and energy.
- Own the creative vision for the brand, collaborating with stakeholders to deliver a cohesive creative POV across all touchpoints.
- Oversee brand implementation across all media, consistently maintaining the brand identity
- Manage schedule/tracking, status reporting, and delivery of projects from start to completion
- Update project schedules and coordinate resources, identifying new resources when necessary
- Ensure objectives are met within project timing, budget and allocated resource requirements
- Proactively communicate progress to stakeholders
- Meet and coordinate with product & marketing teams on specifications for designs
- Manage the storage and organization of design files & assets
- Manage artwork approval process with product and marketing teams
- Ensure that designs are accurate and consistent, down to the smallest details
- Proofread and provide feedback on artwork proofs, templates, etc.
- Analyze project plans to identify potential barriers
- Ensure issues requiring attention are routed to the appropriate stakeholder(s) for resolution
- Assign work to the designers and set priorities for the creative team
- Use best practices for efficient marketing asset production
- Be flexible to contribute in other areas as needs arise
- Bachelor’s degree, US work authorization
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing designers/creative process
- Strong process orientation with high attention to detail
- Excellent time-management and proactive problem solving
- Solid familiarity with design for product, packaging, video, email, social, web
- You have experience producing photo and video shoots
- Experience with ecommerce business and/or consumer products is a plus
- Passionate about the creative process and being a part of bringing ideas to life
- You know your way around a design computer and can implement best practices to ensure the longevity of your team’s hardware (hard drive back ups, screen collaboration, software updates, etc).
- Comfortable with Adobe creative suite and Apple products
- Experience managing external design resources, including budgets and timelines
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written)
- Hands-on design experience (and interest to do more) is a plus
- Resourceful and able to creatively troubleshoot workflow challenges
- Passionate about kids and education (you’ll be working with tons of cute pics)
- Entrepreneurial, driven, hard-working, kind, honest and kid-friendly team player
We are in the San Francisco area but will consider remote workers (except in Colorado) for this role.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, health care, vision, dental, 401K, and other benefits, including a slice of every Monti Kids team birthday cake, two slices if you’re really good.
More Jobs on Planted
Women's Global Leadership Initiative