We provide the best at-home child development curriculum for infants and toddlers, inspired by Montessori.
About Monti Kids
Before preschool, there’s Monti Kids! We are the leading at-home educational subscription program for infants and toddlers. We provide custom-designed, Montessori-inspired educational toys tailored to a child’s stage of development. Subscribers also receive online videos and research-backed guides that teach them how to best support learning at home, and access to a private community moderated by Montessori educators. It’s the perfect solution for busy, caring parents who want to give their baby the best start. Our program and toys were thoughtfully created by early childhood experts and inspire the many happy, engaged little customers you see on our social media feeds. Join us as we empower parents to give their little ones the best start in life!
We are looking for that special talent who can lend a hand wherever needed. As our Executive Assistant / Office Manager, you will primarily be making sure our office runs smoothly and working with the executive team to assist with a broad range of administrative and operations tasks. Team bonding event? You’re on it! Important meeting coming up? You finished prepping yesterday. Last minute meeting request? You’ve already fit it into the calendar! We need you to be the magic that helps the company run smoothly. This is a great opportunity to engage at all levels of the company with huge growth potential.
- Must be able to multitask
- Excellent writing and communication skills required (you’re two steps ahead of Grammarly)
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks, manage own workload (master of to do lists)
- Proactive thinker, with great attention to detail – head off problems before they arise (well-honed crystal ball reading skills)
- Roll up sleeves and gets things done (but don’t forget sunscreen, that’s important)
- Must be flexible to work on different aspects of the business, as we are a small team (we all do!)
- Highly driven, hard-working, kind, honest, and kid-friendly team player (no “I” in...)
- Thrive on variety, excited to learn new things (Yoga for Goats sound interesting?)
- Passionate about kids and education (you’ll be looking at tons of cute pics)
- High proficiency with technology (experience with Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Dropbox, etc.)
- Sensitive to confidential information
- HR experience and a car are both helpful, but not required
- College degree
- US work authorization
- Local candidates only
- Provide administrative support to Monti Kids CEO & team, and assist with special projects as they arise
- Calendaring — scheduling meetings
- Email screening and assistance with prioritizing emails
- Pick up packages from Orinda UPS and transport them to the office
- HR related activities (benefits management, employee policies and procedures, etc.)
- Tactical office management (snacks, kitchen, product inventory, office supplies, computers, etc.)
- Plan and execute team events (professional development opportunities, birthday celebrations, work anniversaries, etc.)
- Work with the finance team on processing expenses, invoices, etc.
- Assist with project management, as needed
- Online file management, data entry, updating spreadsheets, etc.
- Investor management tasks and assistance
- Prepare correspondence, documentation, presentation materials, etc.
- Be flexible to contribute to other areas of the company and team members as needs arise
- Respond to and handle confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and poise.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, health care and other benefits, including a slice of every Monti Kids team birthday cake. Two slices if you’re really good.
Everyone is welcome and celebrated
We strive to help everyone feel included, valued, and heard. We’re passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where employees are celebrated for being themselves.