Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Who We’re Looking For
The Business Development Manager will help launch and drive growth in Morty’s B2B Mortgage API offering. This key role will evaluate markets, build relationships, and collaborate with external partners to create mutual value. The position is part strategy and part execution, so the ideal candidate is an exceptional strategic thinker and also comfortable owning growth targets.
- Contribute to Morty’s go-to-market strategy for new products and channels.
- Work collaboratively with Morty’s product and marketing teams to build and communicate our B2B value proposition.
- Identify and screen potential partners, leveraging Morty’s existing network as well as cold outreach.
- Close high impact deals by navigating partner organizations and negotiating sustainable contracts.
- Ensure partnerships are set up for operational success with appropriate internal support and resource allocation.
- Represent Morty at conferences and other networking events (post-COVID, when it is safe to do so!).
- 4 or more years of experience in business development, strategic sales, or management consulting.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- Loves to network and build relationships.
- Proactive, go-getter attitude. Motivated to find creative solutions and accomplish goals without explicit direction.
- Excited to work at a fast-growing startup.
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you! Plus, public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans if you choose to commute to our accessible office in West SoHo!
Morty is focused on building the team best suited to advance our mission to the benefit of homebuyers across the country. We recognize that work patterns have changed, and we now offer team members the option to work full- or part-time in our office in New York City or fully remotely. While each team has the flexibility to establish the work schedules and rhythms that make sense for their group, we request everyone’s working hours overlap substantially with Eastern Time so we can all stay connected.