Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a high-energy, organized and analytical Chief of Staff to assist Morty’s CEO and senior management on critical operational, strategic, and executive initiatives. You will support a wide variety of cross-functional projects, ensuring that all teams are aligned on priority projects and metrics. You have strong business acumen, and know how to translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- Work directly with our CEO to manage and drive key operational and strategic initiatives across all teams.
- Collaborate with senior management to determine and prioritize business strategies. Track progress and measure the success of these initiatives, adjusting when necessary and balancing pragmatism with delivering on ambitious goals.
- Prepare for and help run key team meetings, including company all-hands, strategy discussions, investor conversations, and board meetings.
- Ensure teams are aligned and working together smoothly on relevant projects and initiatives. Facilitate action and communication where necessary.
- Partner with team leads to develop and track metrics and KPIs across the business. Distill insights from data and make strategic recommendations for improvements and efficiencies to senior management.
- Compose internal and external communications on behalf of the company and/or CEO.
- At least 7 years of experience in a Chief of Staff or Operations role, or in a similar business operations or strategy position. Experience at growth-stage startups is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable interacting with senior leaders, external partners, and staff at all levels. Great at building deck presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Highly detail-oriented and analytical, with strong business acumen. Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to work with, visualize, and interpret data. Skilled at creating models in Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Ability to lead efficient, productive meetings, and create and deliver compelling presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build meaningful working relationships and win support for projects and initiatives.
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you! Plus, public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans for commuting to our accessible office in West SoHo!
More Jobs on Planted
New York, NY