Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a smart, organized, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual to join our growing team. You’ll be responsible for managing a pipeline of active deals and customers, helping make sure every loan gets to the closing table, managing the relationship with partners and service providers, and anticipating potential problems along the way. You’re a no-excuses, get stuff done type of person who is always looking to help us drive efficiencies and build a scalable, repeatable product and operational workflows that can one day serve millions of homebuyers.
You're a great communicator, both written and verbal, and find joy in connecting people with common interests. You're excited to work with a team that is building the partners we will work with long-term. You have the ability to hone your skills in different specializations related to closing or underwriting as the processing and fulfillment team expands.
This is a great opportunity to gain deal management, operations and financial services experience and learn from others at a fast paced, early stage startup!
Job Responsibilities may include
- Help manage a pipeline of active loans from when a customer commits to working with Morty through the closing of their mortgage, working with lenders and third parties to ensure loans close seamlessly and on time.
- Facilitate transparency and clear communication between Morty and all parties involved in the loan transaction.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the homebuyer throughout their mortgage process.
- Review and flag complex underwriting scenarios and work with other team members to minimize late stage issues and delays
- Ensure the receipt and review of all final conditions for a timely closing
- Understand and effectively communicate the closing process to the client
- Find ways to create a more streamlined process as we continue to grow our platform
- Identify operational bottlenecks and pain points, and collaborate with the broader team to develop and implement short and long-term solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Great with people.
- Previous operations or experience in mortgage, lending or financial services is preferred
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and prioritize a large number of tasks and deadlines without micromanagement.
- Results-driven, persistent, and creative. Ability to stay calm and level-headed in stressful or frustrating circumstances.
- Willing and able to learn quickly. Self-starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude, and excited to join a startup!
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you! Plus, public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans if you choose to commute to our accessible office in West SoHo!
Morty is focused on building the team best suited to advance our mission to the benefit of homebuyers across the country. We recognize that work patterns have changed, and we now offer team members the option to work full- or part-time in our office in New York City or fully remotely. While each team has the flexibility to establish the work schedules and rhythms that make sense for their group, we request everyone’s working hours overlap substantially with Eastern Time so we can all stay connected.