Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, March Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an experienced, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual to lead growth of our CRM and to own lifecycle marketing at Morty. You’re both extremely data driven and creative, with excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally with engineering, sales, marketing and design. The right candidate is highly autonomous, capable of devising a strategy and independently executing on it and is comfortable operating at the intersection of multiple disciplines.
- Establish the strategy and lead the execution for lifecycle and transaction emails, supporting growth and retention across our business.
- Identify audience cohorts and segments to optimize customer journeys. Leverage our customer data to deliver the right personalized messages at the right time. Ability to analyze metrics across product, email and marketing is required.
- Become a subject matter expert on our customer journey, from acquisition to closed loan.
- Establish rigorous A/B testing processes to test creative design, content, email cadence and timing to constantly improve performance. Partner with the Data and Engineering team to accurately track A/B tests and day-to-day performance of CRM channels.
- Collaborate with Design & Marketing teams on email designs and top of funnel campaign calendar.
- Report on KPI metrics and make recommendations on how to continuously improve metrics.
- Work with our Sales and Customer Experience team to diagnose communication failures and identify messaging / product features that drive customer loyalty.
- 4-6 years experience across all facets of CRM, including campaign strategy, customer segmentation, messaging, deliverability, and A/B testing for a tech-enabled consumer brand.
- Great at writing all forms of copy, especially email copy and subject lines. Experience and comfort with an email templating like Liquid.
- Good eye for design and comfort developing HTML emails independently through platforms like MailChimp, CampaignMonitor or CustomerIO. Experience with HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Extremely quantitative, analytical and data driven. Experience using BI tools is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a multitude of different tasks without micromanagement.
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you! Plus, public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans if you choose to commute to our accessible office in West SoHo!
Morty is focused on building the team best suited to advance our mission to the benefit of homebuyers across the country. We recognize that work patterns have changed, and we now offer team members the option to work full- or part-time in our office in New York City or fully remotely. While each team has the flexibility to establish the work schedules and rhythms that make sense for their group, we request everyone’s working hours overlap substantially with Eastern Time so we can all stay connected.