Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We're Looking For
Morty is looking for a Finance Associate to join our team at an exciting moment of growth. You’re extremely detail-oriented, and excited about a role where you can apply your analytic and quantitative skills to all aspects of Morty’s financial operations, including budgeting, reporting, and compliance. You’re a natural problem solver, and you want to be a part of helping Morty transform the process of getting a mortgage.
- Support all aspects of Morty’s day-to-day financial operations, including accounting, reporting, and budget maintenance.
- Create and deliver insightful reports about Morty's current and projected financial performance, helping us prioritize and deliver on ambitious business goals.
- Assist with forecasting, reporting, and monthly accounting as needed.
- Partner with team leads to develop budgets and ensure accurate expense reporting.
- Oversee and optimize AP, AR, and vendor payments management.
- Identify potential areas for improvement and automation, helping Morty to grow quickly and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a finance or accounting role.
- Experience with accounting software (Quickbooks & Xero). Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a multitude of different tasks without micromanagement.
- Excited to join a growth-stage startup, with a “No task is too big or small” attitude.
- We're currently remote, but our office is in a great, accessible location in West SoHo/Hudson Square near many restaurants and train stations (the 1, A/C/E, and F/M). We also have public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans to help you manage your commute.
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you!