Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an inspired and inspiring editorial leader to join the Morty marketing team to head up our content efforts. Two of our most important brand values are advocacy and teaching. We don’t just want to offer the best mortgage experience for home buyers (though we do). We also want to use the power of our brand to overcome the information imbalance inside the mortgage industry, explain why it exists, and help prospective and current customers avoid unnecessary potholes along the way. In this role, you’ll work closely with our CMO to develop and implement a differentiated brand voice; lead all copywriting, editing and customer-facing content activity across the business and all media, including web, social and email; and build a powerful and compelling repository of knowledge with long-term SEO value that will enrich our brand and help our customers.
- Establish, roll out and manage Morty editorial style guidelines
- As a first priority, assess content needs across the business (what current content requires refreshing, rewriting, and building new), fulfill them, and set the strategy for ongoing maintenance and growth
- Work closely with the Origination team on customer-facing content (examples: Knowledge Base, email campaigns, canned responses)
- Work in partnership with the CMO and Growth team to develop and implement top-of-the-funnel content strategy (examples: website, personas, nurture campaigns, blog)
- Assure internal brand creatives, social media team and external content partners produce on-brand copy and content
- Assume responsibility not only for delivering content but also taking an active stake in measuring its success and iterating editorial strategy based on performance
- Writing! This is a hands-on role and not purely managerial
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience as a writer, copywriter, journalist or content manager. Previous startup experience, in-house or agency, or experience in a high-growth digital media environment, preferred
- Proven record of successfully launching and running editorial/content strategies for businesses or in the media
- Great writing/copywriting samples showcasing work you’ve produced as well as edited across different types of media
- Ability to successfully collaborate with stakeholders across the business to tap their expertise and translate it into compelling content
- Familiarity with content trends and best practice across web, email and SEO
- Willing to learn the ins and outs of the mortgage industry
- Self starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude
- We're currently remote, but our office is in a great, accessible location in West SoHo/Hudson Square near many restaurants and train stations (the 1, A/C/E, and F/M). We also have public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans to help you manage your commute.
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you!