Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a smart, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual to join our growing team. You're a great communicator, both written and verbal, with high attention to detail. Mortgages are complicated, and you enjoy diving into the weeds on things and are excited about becoming a subject matter expert. You have a great work ethic and are always game to pitch in to help the team.
- Become a subject matter expert on state and federal mortgage regulations.
- Manage, with the help of our VP of Legal, Morty’s company and individual originator mortgage licensing process.
- Maintaining and tracking our state and federal compliance, creating and implementing new infrastructure to easily manage our compliance processes as we grow.
- Provide regular reports to VP of Legal and CEO on Morty’s licensing and compliance status.
- Assist in completion of quarterly mortgage reports to be submitted to federal and state agencies.
- Experience in legal, compliance or similar field.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Great with people.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a multitude of different tasks without micromanagement.
- Willing and able to learn quickly. Self starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude.
- Collaborative, team-centric mindset.
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!
- This role will report to the VP of Legal.