Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a smart, organized, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual to join our Mortgage Operations & Strategy team. As part of the operations team, you will work to optimize, monitor, maintain and drive efficiencies across the origination team. You’re an analytically-driven person with a knack for identifying areas of improvement to help us drive efficiencies and build a scalable, repeatable product and operational workflows that can one day serve millions of homebuyers.
You're a great communicator, both written and verbal, and a collaborator that can work across different teams and functions. You enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously and can thrive when asked to work independently. You can think strategically while also managing competing priorities with various stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity to gain operations, product, and strategy experience and learn from others at a fast paced, early stage startup!
- Continually identify and implement process improvements and automations that will address bottlenecks and optimize the origination team’s production.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our product, processes, and the mortgage industry as a whole.
- Manage team software and applications to ensure they are properly set up for optimal efficiency and usage; Collaborate with origination verticals (i.e. sales, processing) and cross-company teams (i.e. product, engineering) to ensure operational hurdles are addressed.
- Create and maintain reports to inform origination team business decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Great with people.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and prioritize a large number of tasks and deadlines without micromanagement
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- 1-4 years of experience in a business role, such as operations, strategy, consulting, or finance is preferred
- Willing and able to learn quickly. Self-starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude, and excited to join a startup!
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you! Plus, public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans if you choose to commute to our accessible office in West SoHo!
Morty is focused on building the team best suited to advance our mission to the benefit of homebuyers across the country. We recognize that work patterns have changed, and we now offer team members the option to work full- or part-time in our office in New York City or fully remotely. While each team has the flexibility to establish the work schedules and rhythms that make sense for their group, we request everyone’s working hours overlap substantially with Eastern Time so we can all stay connected.