Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Job Responsibilities may include:
- Become a mortgage expert. Learn the "ins and outs" of the mortgage industry, from how to compare different mortgage options to understanding the big picture of the real estate ecosystem and how we fit within it.
- Help manage a pipeline of active loans from when a customer commits to working with Morty through the closing of their mortgage, working with lenders and third parties to ensure loans close seamlessly and on time.
- Facilitate transparency and clear communication between Morty and all parties involved in the loan transaction.
- Assist with day-to-day tasks including: replying to emails and chats, requesting action items from customers, troubleshooting issues and coordinating with our partners to close loans seamlessly.
- Identify operational bottlenecks and pain points, and collaborate with the broader team to develop and implement short and long-term solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Great with people.
- Strong quantitative skills. Experience in finance, business, mathematics preferred.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and prioritize a large number of tasks and deadlines without micromanagement.
- Results-driven, persistent, and creative. Ability to stay calm and level-headed in stressful or frustrating circumstances.
- Previous operations or financial services experience a plus.
- Willing and able to learn quickly. Self starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude, and excited to join a startup!