Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a Public Relations Manager to partner closely with our CMO and executive team to build and execute a robust, ongoing internal and external communications program. The PR Manager will use PR as a lever to build Morty’s brand awareness among home buyers, the real estate ecosystem, and the tech and business community. This is a new position at Morty best suited for someone looking for an opportunity to originate a critical role at a fast-growing startup. We see the PR Manager as one of our most important up-front hires as we build out the marketing team and are seeking someone to come in and make an immediate impact. While Morty operates in the real estate and fintech sectors, applicants that also bring solid B2C startup experience are ideal candidates for this role.
- Work closely with the CMO, executive team and external partners to establish the corporate communications function and priorities, including thought leadership, company POVs, and ways to bring our brand values to life via PR
- Drive Morty’s media relations strategy to secure coverage for the business and our executives in consumer, trade (real estate), regional and tier one business, tech and finance press
- Develop and execute integrated, measurable consumer campaigns with wow factor
- Build and manage Morty’s speakers bureau, awards program, and association memberships, working closely with spokespeople to cultivate their personal brands
- Create and manage our customer reference program
- Contribute to the overall success of the brand marketing team by bringing PR savvy and an integrated perspective to bear on Morty’s social media, content, and editorial strategy
- Ghostwrite executive blogs, byline articles, and internal communications
- Keep the Morty marketing and greater team abreast of media and industry trends that impact their day-to-day work
- Partner with our VP of Growth to align PR measurement with our overall marketing dashboard to deliver measurable results for the business
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 5-7 years in PR, mix of agency and in-house startup experience preferred
- Experience conducting communications programs in one or more of Morty’s relevant target groups (fintech, startup, real estate, mortgage, consumer media)
- Proven record of successfully running a PR campaign from start to finish--from idea through to execution and results
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable working closely with and providing feedback to executives and representing the Morty brand
- Solid writing and presentation skills
- Willing to learn the ins and outs of the mortgage industry
- Self-starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude
- We're currently remote, but our office is in a great, accessible location in West SoHo/Hudson Square near many restaurants and train stations (the 1, A/C/E, and F/M). We also have public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans to help you manage your commute.
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you!