Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a growth-minded Quality Control Analyst who is excited to help define and establish best in class quality control protocols that will provide immeasurable long-term success to Morty’s compliance efforts. As Morty continues to grow its footprint nationwide and partnering with the industry’s top mortgage lenders, it is imperative that you bring a future-forward mindset and a determination to achieve long-term success. This role will require close attention to detail and excellent communication and organization skills. You will be responsible for helping Morty build its QC program by working with the VP of Compliance in establishing scalable advancements in Morty’s record-keeping and monitoring processes to help improve our internal and external reporting capabilities ensuring Morty’s internal faculties are functioning smoothly as we help homebuyers achieve their dream of owning a home!
- Responsible for ensuring accurate files and quality control reporting of pre-funding and post-funded loan files for record-keeping.
- Complete monthly audits of internal loan files to ensure accurate documentation as required by state and federal record-keeping guidelines.
- Establish procedures to complete a QC review of 10% of closed loan files for each of our investors to ensure accuracy of completed/closed files.
- Partner with VP of Compliance to determine initial/closing disclosure stacking orders for various Lending Partners to build accurate files templates.
- Perform required targeting audits to verify areas of issue are corrected as identified from time to time.
- Work with the Compliance Team in collecting and reviewing loan files for delivery to state auditors for examinations and to ensure Loan log files are up to date for internet and Quarterly state reporting requirements
- Collaborate with internal teams to improve process for delivery and receipt of loan files from various lending partners, and work with origination team to field questions regarding delivery and timing requirements of various documents
- Establish relationships with various Lending Partners to create processes for collecting, downloading, and housing initial and closing loan files
- Help company in determining more efficient ways to collect loan files and documentation from Lending Partners and various sources
- Help the company establish record-keeping and delivery practices for disclosures maintained or delivered in-house
- 3-5 years of experience in Mortgage Quality Control or similar experience
- Strong process and analytical skills oriented at creating efficiencies
- Attention to detail, organizational and time management skills are a must!
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working across multiple departments and with company Lender Partners
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly, with a future-focused mindset
- Prior mortgage experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you! Plus, public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans if you choose to commute to our accessible office in West SoHo!
Morty is focused on building the team best suited to advance our mission to the benefit of homebuyers across the country. We recognize that work patterns have changed, and we now offer team members the option to work full- or part-time in our office in New York City or fully remotely. While each team has the flexibility to establish the work schedules and rhythms that make sense for their group, we request everyone’s working hours overlap substantially with Eastern Time so we can all stay connected.
More Jobs on Planted
Women's Global Leadership Initiative