Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, March Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a Copywriter to work closely with our brand and growth marketing teams to develop and showcase our voice through your compelling copy. As a Copywriter, you’ll play a critical role in developing our brand messaging across a wide variety of outputs — from ad campaigns and headlines to blog posts and social content. You are a great collaborator who can work cross-functionally with the entire marketing team to bring ideas to life. The right candidate is a highly motivated, extremely organized creator with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Drive the development of our copy playbook for social media, in partnership with the marketing team.
- Enhance the power of our brand voice to drive awareness, growth, engagement, and affinity
- Wordsmith growth marketing engagement emails
- Stay current on social media, copy and competitor trends to ensure our social presence is always fresh, innovative, and culturally relevant
- Partner with the marketing team to develop high-impact campaigns that reinforce Morty’s mission
- Deliver clean, consistent, and cohesive copy solutions that stand out from the crowd and grab attention across various social channels
- Seamlessly collaborate across teams and stakeholders with multiple projects at one time
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 3-5 years of of credible copywriting experience, mix of agency and in-house experience preferred
- Experience successfully balancing the needs of brand, growth and customer success
- Ability to quickly and successfully translate marketing strategies into creative
- Experience with consumer-facing brands. Previous experience with products that have a longer acquisition cycle and higher price point is a plus not but required.
- Experience working, directly or indirectly/in partnership with PR, on executive social media presences.
- Willing to learn the ins and outs of the mortgage industry.
- Self starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude.
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you! Plus, public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans if you choose to commute to our accessible office in West SoHo!
Morty is focused on building the team best suited to advance our mission to the benefit of homebuyers across the country. We recognize that work patterns have changed, and we now offer team members the option to work full- or part-time in our office in New York City or fully remotely. While each team has the flexibility to establish the work schedules and rhythms that make sense for their group, we request everyone’s working hours overlap substantially with Eastern Time so we can all stay connected.
More Jobs on Planted