Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Who We’re Looking For
Morty is looking for a Finance Manager to manage our bookkeeping and accounting function. You’re extremely detail-oriented, and an analytical thinker who is passionate about finding efficiencies. You are excited to apply your analytic and quantitative skills to all aspects of Morty’s financial operations, leading monthly closes and delivering accurate reports to external stakeholders and auditors.
- Lead the month-end close process. Manage other accounting tasks as needed.
- Actively maintain meticulous records of accounts and activity. Book monthly journal entries and prepare related account reconciliations.
- Analyze monthly financial performance, and report to senior management on variances versus plan and prior periods.
- Calculate commission accruals and manage compensation distribution for Sales team members.
- Partner with team leads to develop budgets and ensure accurate expense reporting. Analyze team spend for potential efficiencies and improvements.
- Partner with the Legal & Compliance team to respond to audit requests from regulatory agencies and business partners.
- Oversee and optimize AP, AR, and vendor payments management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance. Active CPA or CPA-eligible is preferred.
- Between 3 to 6 years of experience in relevant accounting roles.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting theory and practical application of the U.S. GAAP.
- Experience with accounting software (Quickbooks & Xero). Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a multitude of different tasks without micromanagement.
- Excellent communication skills, and the proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excited to join a growth-stage startup, with a “No task is too big or small” attitude.
More Jobs on Planted
Women's Global Leadership Initiative
New York Shipping Exchange