Morty is the world's first fully digital, fully automated mortgage marketplace.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a smart, organized, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual to join our growing team. You’ll be responsible for managing a pipeline of active deals and customers, helping make sure every loan gets to the closing table, managing the relationship with partners and service providers, and anticipating potential problems along the way. You’re a no-excuses, get stuff done type of person who is always looking to help us drive efficiencies and build a scalable, repeatable product and operational workflows that can one day serve millions of homebuyers.
You're a great communicator, both written and verbal, and find joy in connecting people with common interests. You're excited to work with a team that is building the partners we will work with long-term.
This is a great opportunity to gain operations and financial services experience and learn from others at a fast paced, early stage startup!
Job Responsibilities may include
- Become a mortgage expert. Learn the "ins and outs" of the mortgage industry, from how to compare different mortgage options to understanding the big picture of the real estate ecosystem and how we fit within it.
- Help manage a pipeline of active loans from when a customer commits to working with Morty through the closing of their mortgage, working with lenders and third parties to ensure loans close seamlessly and on time.
- Facilitate transparency and clear communication between Morty and all parties involved in the loan transaction.
- Assist with day-to-day tasks including: replying to emails and chats, requesting action items from customers, troubleshooting issues and coordinating with our partners to close loans seamlessly.
- Collect and review all information and documentation to efficiently close a loan
- Identify operational bottlenecks and pain points, and collaborate with the broader team to develop and implement short and long-term solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Great with people.
- Strong quantitative skills. Experience in finance, business, mathematics preferred.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and prioritize a large number of tasks and deadlines without micromanagement.
- Results-driven, persistent, and creative. Ability to stay calm and level-headed in stressful or frustrating circumstances.
- Previous mortgage, operations or financial services experience a plus.
- Willing and able to learn quickly. Self-starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude, and excited to join a startup!
- We’ve got you covered: 401k, unlimited PTO, casual dress code, and free health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) — we’re there for you! Plus, public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans if you choose to commute to our accessible office in West SoHo!
Morty is focused on building the team best suited to advance our mission to the benefit of homebuyers across the country. We recognize that work patterns have changed, and we now offer team members the option to work full- or part-time in our office in New York City or fully remotely. While each team has the flexibility to establish the work schedules and rhythms that make sense for their group, we request everyone’s working hours overlap substantially with Eastern Time so we can all stay connected.