mpb.com is the world's best marketplace for photographers, videographers, and cinematographers to trade cameras and lenses.
We are MPB, the world's leading marketplace for photographers & videographers.
Reaching a new phase of growth we are proud to be expanding our Brooklyn team. If you are a quick learner with a passion for photography and/or videography who is keen to work in an exciting, fast paced and friendly office environment then we would love to hear from you!
We recognise the benefit of inclusive practices to better build a diverse community here at MPB.
Our commitment to ensuring inclusion fuels and connects us as one with the diverse community of content creators across photography & videography that we serve.
MPB customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of family makeup, race, sexuality, religion, gender identity, disability or age.
If you share our values and enthusiasm for inclusive, exciting, fast paced businesses you will find a home at MPB.
With an ever expanding team of 180+ people in Brighton UK, offices in Brooklyn’s Industry City, and now Berlin! MPB is looking for an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join an energetic company of like-minded people where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
About the Role
As the Human Resources Generalist at MPB, you will act as an employee champion and change agent by facilitating and supporting the Head of People with delivery of HR programs and initiatives.
You will have the ability to assess and anticipate HR related needs and take action to drive issues to closure as well as being comfortable making day to day decisions with minimal guidance.
You'll collaborate with our global Head of People in the implementation of various projects, developing and fostering a positive employee life cycle, from onboarding through to offboarding. Ensuring our US managers and teams are supported throughout.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced HR professional to jump into an evolving workspace with huge potential to expand existing skills and also develop new people function skills.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all HR related queries, supporting managers across the company in dealing with acute ER
- Collaborate with hiring managers in full cycle recruitment process
- Work closely with the global Head of People to support in the execution and adherence of company policies, projects and initiatives
- Support legal compliance in all United States (With a focus on NYC) areas maintaining policies and procedures within the local legal frameworks
- Manage HR data and regional compensation and benefits administration
- Monitor monthly, quarterly and yearly people KPI’s supporting managers across local recruitment
- Experienced in US/NYC employment law
- Proven depth of generalist HR experience
- G-suite or Microsoft Suite experience
- (HRIS) Human resource information system exposure (Hibob, BambooHR, Breezy)
- Robust organisational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload
- Natural relationship builder across all levels of the business
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Even Better If
- Experience with Trinet or equivalent HR platform
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience working with multiple sites, markets and cultures.