This job is no longer active
A highly innovative and rapidly growing startup, makers of the original Keto Granola Bar and other nutritious snacks catered to gluten free, plant based and low carb lifestyles
This position is responsible for the overall planning and coordination of contract manufacturing from start to finish, ensuring specifications are met for raw materials, packaging, and finished goods. He/She will ensure that goods are produced timely and efficiently at the right quality and cost level, by several co-packing facilities.
Candidates require outstanding attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once in an often unstructured environment that is typical of startups.
This is a position based remotely. Travel to manufacturing facilities is as needed to ensure successful product manufacturing.
This position reports to the CEO.
- Production planning, oversight, and coordination with multiple contract manufacturers
- Managing relationships with contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Monitoring production runs (remotely & site visits), ensuring that products are produced to specification
- Sourcing ingredients for new products, sourcing alternate suppliers, overseeing purchasing
- Leading new product launches, developing and implementing quality specifications during trial productions and beyond
- Forecasting and materials demand planning, taking the lead on forecasting in coordination with the Sales Operations manager, and budgeting accordingly.
- Management of raw materials and supplies, contracting annual volumes and coordinating draw downs, following market changes that could affect pricing or supply
- Maintaining ERP system data and lot tracking
- Inventory reconciliation, calculating materials usage rates and shrinkage
- Oversee evaluation of production quality retains and quality testing. You will be managing a Quality and R&D Associate.
- Addressing quality concerns and customer feedback with manufacturing facility, conducting root cause analysis, implementing corrective action
- Maintaining product certifications (Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO Project Verified)
- Improving operational efficiencies, reducing costs, implementing systems to pre-empt, identify, and promptly correct any operational or quality issues
- Reporting strategies and key metrics, achieving quality and cost targets
- Other duties as needed
- 4+ years of operations management experience with a consumer goods company
- Outstanding attention to detail
- “Quality is key” mentality
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Eager to work for a small company, roll up your sleeves, and take on lots of responsibility!
- Experience working in a start-up environment, preferably in the food or beverage industry
- Experience with inventory management software
- Understanding Good Manufacturing Practices and experience with materials management
- Quality Assurance background is a plus
More Jobs on Planted