Reliable ocean shipping through effective digital contracting
Who we are:
Have you ever stopped to wonder how your computer, clothes, furniture or household goods made their way to your doorstep? Most of the things in your home would have arrived here in a container on a container ship. It is a massive industry that we all rely on but don’t think about much because it’s been done the same way for decades without much change or innovation.
NYSHEX is a well-funded Series A start-up, developing a brand-new concept that will transform and enable an industry plagued with inefficiency, volatility, and $23b of economic waste annually. The NYSHEX team is passionate about collaborating with the world’s leading ocean carriers, shippers and forwarders to bring technology and innovation to this industry we love, and we hope that you’ll be part of building this new digital foundation that will have lasting effects for years to come.
As our first Sales Development Representative hire, you will not only source new qualified opportunities for our sales team but you’ll have the opportunity to help build out the systems and playbook that will be used by new hires in the future. You will work alongside your marketing and sales team to test and build out a consistent and scalable sales development process.
The team here works hard and is comfortable making mistakes, with the understanding that when things go right, it can transform an institutionalized industry. Come join us!
What you will do:
- You will be responsible for creating new qualified opportunities with decision makers at our target accounts through research, phone, email, and social channels.
- Assist in developing a sales development playbook and training program that will be used for all new hires in the sales development role.
- Use the data gathered in our outreach process to measure SDR effectiveness to iterate and improve cadences.
- Collaborate closely with our sales and marketing team to provide feedback on marketing campaigns and understand which personas and accounts are resonating most with our value proposition.
Who you are:
- 1+ year proven record of excelling in the SDR role, ensuring a high volume of qualified opportunities are delivered to the Account Executives on a monthly basis.
- You are a self-starter and feel comfortable being the first hire in a new department.
- You are excited by the opportunity to build a team and processes from scratch.
- You have a strong passion for sales and sales processes.
- You are always trying to perfect your craft and learning new ways to improve.
- You are coachable and open to trying new strategies and ways of prospecting.
What you can look forward to:
This position is a unique role to help build out a team from scratch and if successful can have the opportunity to grow quickly into a leadership role on the team. If you are excited about the idea of building something new and moving up quickly in your career, then this role is for you!
Our culture promotes a dynamic, exciting, and challenging work environment with opportunities for learning and growth. Our team is passionate about building great tech and besides being great at their jobs, are also classical musicians, surfers, gamers, athletes, and foodies.
We provide a competitive compensation package, 401k plan, unlimited vacation days and an opportunity for you to share in the success of the company with stock options/equity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, ethnicity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or physical ability.