Planted helps people grow their careers.
Planted (Techstars Alum) is a smart career platform that matches top business talent with growing companies.
We’re hiring a Director of Marketing who can efficiently engage and acquire new users through methods of growth that can scale. As Director of Marketing, you will play a leadership role in the development, implementation, and optimization of various online/offline marketing initiatives including SEO/SEM, display, mobile, social, events and partner marketing programs to drive new user growth across both Candidates and Companies.
The role requires effectively managing and measuring campaigns from inception while meticulously fine tuning and optimizing performance. This position is both a highly strategic and tactical role that will work closely with product, creative and analytics teams - you must be comfortable with defining the marketing strategy, executing and analyzing campaigns, and managing a team.
- Work alongside the founders and executive team to implement and determine scalable methods of growth
- Own and optimize user acquisition funnels, uncovering new growth opportunities across channels on both the B2C (Candidate) and B2B (Company) sides
- Oversee umbrella marketing budget and allocation to hit acquisition goals
- Manage third party vendors and an internal marketing team to execute on growth initiatives
- Measure effectiveness of new channels and marketing campaigns, and identify greatest opportunities of impact across the user lifecycle
- Craft and optimize campaign content to A/B test across various channels
- Build relationships with external partners to promote the Planted brand
- 5-8 years of professional digital marketing experience where you were responsible for user acquisition across paid and organic channels
- Proven experience executing growth mechanisms from scratch across channels (paid social, SEM, display)
- Experience managing and optimizing a marketing budget toward monthly targets
- Highly analytical and comfortable with setting up and leveraging marketing analytics tools (Google Analytics, Mixpanel) for insights
- Ability to think both analytically in measuring effectiveness, but also creatively to create compelling campaigns
- Experience with and excellent knowledge of a broad spectrum of digital marketing channels (advertising, social media, SEO, content marketing)
- Prior experience managing third party partners and marketing team members preferred