Planted helps people grow their careers.
Within this role, you will be responsible for an individual sales quota that supports the larger base customer team in meeting our ambitious seven figure new revenue goals. You will oversee a select portfolio of key customers, identify and develop new business from existing clients in addition to opening new relationship to additional stakeholders and closing sales opportunities.
You will leverage the referenceable success and great work our Customer Success Managers are doing with their contacts to strategically prospect, pitch and close upsell and cross-sell.
- Collaborate internally and drive execution of account engagement plans and strategic sales campaigns that build awareness, new advocates, market(s) and use cases at our customer base accounts
- Own the full sales cycle within assigned key customer accounts from lead qualification, prospecting, education, pitch and close
- Establish rapport and maintain strong professional and productive relationships with stakeholders
- Retain solid understanding of organization structure, internal influences, customer’s business environment, goals and requirements in the short, medium, and long term to identify growth opportunities and risk
- Develop expert knowledge of the platform and utilise strategic solution selling to C-Level and stakeholders to create new revenue streams
- Capitalise on client data and analytics along with industry insights and consumer trends to effectively communicate value
- Exceed monthly/quarterly revenue targets by proactively seeking and closing new sales opportunities
- Engage resources across our business to support the sales process and client buying process
- Work with the Pre-sales, Project and Customer Success teams to facilitate a seamless Customer on-boarding process, ensuring a smooth ‘go live’ and introduction for the Customer from the outset.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing team to build Customer testimonials and referrals.
- Create and contribute to ‘Thought Leadership’ content and proactively seek opportunities to educate across the business on industry knowledge and customer best practice.
- Effectively communicate Company’s value-added services (enhancements / updates / new initiatives / optimization) through the relationships you have nurtured within the Accounts.
- Contribute to the development of company goals, growth and profitability targets by being an active member of the team and culture
Who are we looking for?
- To apply you must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in STEM subject.
- Strong preference for east coast candidates
- Progressive 3+ years of B2B sales experience required with track record for results (Background in SaaS, E-commerce, technology is a plus)
- Demonstrated successful closing of six and seven figure software licensing deals as an individual contributor role as well as part of team selling in complex sales cycles involving C-Level and multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional consultative selling and closing skills with experience closing business with large and enterprise organisations essential. Land and expand strategy preferable
- Willingness to learn and flexibility to adapt and thrive in fast moving environment
- High energy self-starter
- Resourceful and solutions oriented with a sharp focus on goals and results
- Must be able to work well independently and as a team member; remote, under pressure, minimal supervision, shifting priorities, a changing landscape, unstructured and evolving teams, complex external customer relationships
- Dedicated and resilient professionals with high integrity to take responsibility for their successes and failures
- Charismatic and trustworthy individual who is committed to long-term relationship building
- Excellent analytical, active listening, communication, organization and influencing skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable about eCommerce and marketing technologies
- Microsoft (Excel, Powerpoint, …) expert, and familiar with sales enablement tools including Salesforce, Outreach, Hubspot, etc.
What we offer
- Competitive base salary, based on your experience, and commission on all sales
- Attractive benefits package (401k, comprehensive insurance coverage, 15 vacation days)
- Remote working (although you must be able to travel to Boston for meetings when required)
- Exposure to network and relationship with senior stakeholders at some of the largest companies in the world (e.g. Amazon, Microsoft, P&G, Whirlpool, 3M etc.)
- Innovative and rapidly changing working environment at a global market leader
- Flat and clear structure, international and friendly teams
- Opportunity to advance your career in a thriving, growing company