At Plated we have one simple belief: In order to live better, one must eat better.
Welcome to Plated, where a love of great food, creativity, and technology combine to power a product that redefines the dinner experience. If you’re looking to join a company with reach and impact, Plated should be at the top of your list. We’re hiring for Customer Experience Associates who will ensure that Plated customers experience the highest level of service.
This posting is for candidates interested in Plated's daytime shift. To apply to the evening shift, please click here.
The Customer Experience Associate position is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup, and Plated promotes from within — past high-performing Associates have had the chance to grow and take on other roles within the team.
- Provide the highest quality of service possible.
- Receive multi-channel interactions, such as inbound phone calls, email, and chat correspondence.
- Proactively look for solutions to customer issues and see them through to completion.
- Provide accurate information to customers and demonstrate patience, empathy, and sound judgement.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are followed on all client interactions to support PCI Compliance and personal information management policies and guidelines.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of systems so that information can be researched and properly relayed to the customer.
- Learn and retain a thorough working knowledge of all existing and new Plated policies and processes.
- Achieve assigned Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) — call handle time, email response time, chat response time, quality, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Attend team meetings and additional training sessions as scheduled.
- Participate actively in the team environment, providing customers consistent and accurate information from all team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- The ability to make a difference in the customer experience by personalizing contact to exceed customer expectations.
- A strong first impression, greeting each customer with a positive attitude to instill customer confidence.
- Attention to detail: you remember names and key points of each conversation so customers don't have to repeat themselves.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to speak articulately using proper grammar and good enunciation.
- Ability to listen attentively, review purposefully, and use information provided by customers to tailor responses and actions to meet their specific needs.
- Ability to effectively question customers to obtain the information needed to process customer requests.
- Shares information with others to raise awareness of potential needs and concerns.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, changing environment.
- Ability to type 30-40 wpm (minimum) with accuracy.
- Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to meet new challenges.
- Handles multiple tasks without becoming visibly overwhelmed or flustered.
- Ability to organize and follow up on multiple tasks and details with accuracy, timeliness, and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
- Admit mistakes and take prompt action to correct them.
- You hold yourself and your team accountable for delivering consistent, quality results.
- Thrive in a culture of healthy debate and committed to candid feedback.
- Adaptive to change and comfortable in ambiguity.
- Hourly pay rate of $15/hour during the two-month trial period.
- Hourly pay rate of $18/hour after the trial period if you receive an offer of employment, and incremental raises based on tenure.
- Friendly, intelligent colleagues who value feedback and love learning as much as you do!
- A talented customer experience team who are best-in-class.
- A consistently evolving and data-driven startup environment.
More about Plated:
We launched in 2012, making it possible for consumers across the country to cook adventurous, quality meals at home. As we continue to grow, we want to bring more wonderful employees onto our team to continue redefining the way people think about food.
What's Plated like?
- We are an energetic, creative group of individuals in an environment where you will feel welcome and valued.
- We are using technology to improve the dining experience. If you love problem solving in action, there is no better place to be!
- There’s strong growth potential. You'll enjoy ideal opportunities for training and promotion within the company.
- Plated is run on integrity. We incorporate our values into everything we do.
Rewards, benefits, and perks:
- The best part: you'll enjoy a free box of Plated weekly!
- Customizable medical, vision, and dental plans, and a 401(K) plan — eligible for trial candidates who convert to permanent employees.
- Accrued PTO if you’re converted after your trial period.
- Open office environment with daily snacks, test kitchen samples, monthly company events, and even cultural clubs with great recipes and conversation.
- There’s even more to come — we are growing our benefits as we speak!