Policygenius is a New York City-based insurance startup with a mission to help people get the insurance they need and make them feel good about it!
Want to help people get the financial protection they need and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million in venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best places to work two years in a row!
Client Experience at Policygenius:
Do you enjoy solving problems for customers? Are you able to think like a salesperson, problem-solve like an analyst, and put yourself in someone else's shoes, all while delivering an exceptional customer experience? If your answer is yes, keep reading!
The Client Experience team at Policygenius prides itself on putting our customers at the center of everything we do. We work with the Inside Sales, Case Management, Customer Success, and Quality Assurance teams to provide the best insurance shopping experience ever. Our mission is to help smooth out the kinks for clients who've had a bumpy experience. We want our customers to feel at ease, as if they are talking to a friend or family member.
The work we do is no walk in the park, but it is super rewarding and has an immediate tie to Policygenius’s mission. You will get to exercise problem-solving on the fly, out-of-the-box thinking, and versatility. Issues? We take care of them. Complexities? We solve them. Questions? We’re all over it. Intrigued? Apply on Planted today and join our team!
- Ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience with regular status updates and an emphasis on customer retention.
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors to schedule, reschedule, and track insurance exams and phone interviews for concierge clients.
- Address customer questions about the underwriting process, carrier requirements, and other service issues in concert with our Case Management team.
- Communicate adverse underwriting decisions (impaired risk, postpones, and declines) with empathy and tact.
- Partner with the team lead and/or manager to resolve customer escalations as they relate to all parts of the sales and underwriting funnel.
- 2+ years of relevant client-facing experience and a bachelor's degree are preferred.
- A life, accident, and health insurance agent or broker license (or a willingness to obtain one on the job).
- A customer-centric mindset — you're motivated by solving problems for customers and your team.
- Strong communication and effective listening skills with great attention-to-detail.
- Honesty and integrity — you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team.
- A team-oriented mindset — you take ownership of your work and your team's success.
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company through actionable feedback.
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed GIF.
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan, FSA, and commuter benefits.
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership.
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry.
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!
- Some fun surprises when you join (shhh… they're a secret)!