Policygenius is a startup with a mission to help people get the insurance they need and make them feel good about it!
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for customers? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to join a rapidly growing team and help build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the Sales team at Policygenius!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, their mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). They make it easy for their customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place.
Policygenius is looking for a Junior Sales Associate eager to build their sales career with an amazing strartup. This role is on the frontline of the Policygenius customer experience: working with their life insurance shoppers to ensure they get the coverage they need - and that they feel good about the process!
- Become a subject matter expert on life insurance and our product through targeted training.
- Onboard new life insurance customers into our application & underwriting process.
- Address customer questions about life insurance, the policy they’re applying for, and the application process, all while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Communicate professionally with customers through various channels, including phone, email, chat, and text.
- Learn and practice consultative selling techniques to ensure we pair customers with the most appropriate products for their unique needs.
- Collaborate with other operations teams (customer service, customer success, case management and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Adhere to team norms and policies and meet quality standards and KPIs in your daily work.
- Provide actionable feedback from customers to the business and tech teams to drive improvements to our process & technology.
- Contribute toward team goals and support onboarding of new team members as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred, in addition to at least 1 year of work experience, preferably in Sales.
- Strong communication skills and an enthusiasm for speaking with customers over the phone.
- A sales mindset: you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs.
- Honesty, integrity, & ethics: you can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team.
- A go-getter attitude, passion for helping customers, and effective problem-solving skills.
- A desire to be a part of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success.
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company.
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif.
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits.
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership.
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry.
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers.
- Dog companionship!!