Policygenius is a New York City-based insurance startup with a mission to help people get the insurance they need and make them feel good about it!
Want to help people get the financial protection they need and feel confident in their choices? Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million in venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best places to work two years in a row!
Sales at Policygenius:
Do you take pride in delivering awesome experiences to customers? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to join a rapidly-growing team and help build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the Sales team at Policygenius!
This role is on the front lines of the Policygenius customer experience: working with our life insurance shoppers to ensure they get the coverage they need and that they feel good about the process!
- Become a product expert on our life insurance partners.
- Onboard inbound life insurance customers to the application and underwriting process and address their questions while providing an outstanding customer experience.
- Communicate professionally with customers through various channels, including phone, email, chat, and text.
- Practice consultative sales techniques to ensure that we are pairing customers up with the most appropriate products for their unique needs.
- Collaborate with other Operations teams (Customer Service, Customer Success, Case Management, and Quality Assurance) to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Provide actionable feedback from customers to drive improvements to our process and technology.
- Contribute toward team goals and support the onboarding of new team members as needed.
- Ideally, at least 1 year of work experience in insurance sales. However, candidates with any previous sales, account management, or customer-facing experience will be considered.
- A life, accident, and/or health insurance agent or broker license is a plus!
- Strong communication skills and an enthusiasm for speaking with customers over the phone.
- A sales-focused mindset: you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs.
- Honesty and integrity — you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team.
- A go-getter attitude, passion for helping customers, and effective problem-solving skills.
- The desire to be a part of a team where you can take ownership of your work and your team's success.
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company.
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif.
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan, FSA, and commuter benefits.
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership.
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry.
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!
- Some fun surprises when you join (shhh… they're a secret)!