We create products inspired by nature for a better you and a better world.
National Sales Manager
We create products inspired by nature for a better you and a better world.
Radius's headquarters are in Kutztown, PA, which is two hours away from New York, NY. We are open to highly qualified remote candidates for this position.
Radius is a designer and in-house manufacturer of premium, eco-friendly toothbrushes, organic toothpaste, travel cases, and flosses. RADIUS has a long-standing history of innovation and excellence - our sole focus is premium, natural oral care. We have proven success since 1982. Supporting RADIUS is supporting made-in-America and women-owned small businesses. We manufacture all our goods on site in our 40,000 square foot factory in Kutztown, PA. RADIUS is the #1 Toothbrush brand in Natural Channel. Each RADIUS product provides unique value to consumers looking for a product with more efficacy, quality, thoughtfulness, and beauty for their daily personal care regimen than standard products currently available at retail. We are a tight-knit company that believes in working together as a team to accomplish our goals.
About the Opportunity:
Our growing company is in need of an impassioned National Sales Manager to grow our domestic sales channels. This position will be key to RADIUS's continued success as the #1 toothbrush brand and a top 10 oral care brand in the natural products channel. We use earth-friendly materials and sustainable manufacturing, owning and operating our own factory right here in the US. We’re also proudly woman-owned and operated and family-run, ensuring every product is designed for a better you and a better world. Our message is clear: Your mouth deserves better, and so does the environment.
We are seeking a passionate candidate who understands effective sales techniques and knows how to motivate a group of partners (from previous experience) as well as find new partners that are a match to our product offering and brand essence. You must also be well-organized and detail-oriented, have very well-developed communication skills (both verbal and written), and be willing to take initiative to resolve problems with a creative approach.
We require a candidate who is happy to step in and help with anything and everything, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has a first-in, last-out attitude. The perfect candidate will understand key drivers of successful sales growth, brand awareness, new customer acquisition, and overall marketing of our company and products to potential new customers and markets.
Our National Sales Manager will seek and contract with new partners as well as manage and foster our existing sales network to ultimately grow RADIUS’s sales in the domestic markets. The National Sales Manager will manage and oversee all aspects of sales for the company’s USA-based Channel Sales, inclusive of Natural, Conventional, and Specialty (excludes Web but an understanding of Ecommerce is beneficial). The National Sales Manager position is core to RADIUS’ successful maintenance and continued growth in the USA. The role includes overseeing, motivating, coaching and inspiring our internal Sales Account Managers and our outside Sales Representatives / Brokers, as well as interacting with our Distributors’ sales teams to guarantee continued sales growth, successful new product launches, and continued business development.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Alignment – Passionate and/or knowledgeable about natural and organic products; knowledge of/interest in sustainable business practices, interest in collaborating on improvements to minimize the company’s ecological footprint and incorporate the Company’s sustainability journey into sales/marketing activities; willing and eager to actively contribute to furthering the mission and vision of RADIUS, e.g. participate in sustainability initiatives.
Among other responsibilities, you will be responsible for creating and implementing sales and promotional plans, preparing management reports evaluating the results of these efforts in existing accounts, navigating and communicating our needs to distributors, and seeking new business and opportunities to exponentially increase sales. The perfect candidate will be able to implement comprehensive and achievable sales programs connecting all tiers of the industry from Distributor to Broker to Retailer to Consumer to increase RADIUS saturation across all retail doors, assess opportunity gaps and ensure continuous and successful training, education and product presentation on all fronts.
Your ability to connect with and maintain successful relationships with key retailers and distributors in the Industry will be essential, as it is a core portion of our business in the USA. Expertise in Conventional channel (Food-Drug-Mass) is a plus. You will report directly to the CEO who will support you in the role and provide support and ongoing training. You will have an Inside Sales Account Manager to support and help execute all programs and activities with opportunities to grow your team as needed. You will be directly in charge of growing sales and managing the current business in the Natural and Conventional Channel in the USA.
You will be using your well-developed sales and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships, as well as your analytical problem solving & project management skills to resolve problems, work on a variety of special projects and provide input to continuous process improvement efforts in the sales department. Ideally you will be a multi-tasker and an individual with excellent analytical skills, using tools such as Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint. Due to the management portion of the role, much of the work you do will be through our extensive broker network for both retailer and distributor management.
Leadership – An experienced leader, an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and our partners’ organizations. Ability to influence others, without having authority over them, to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes is imperative. Ability to work with shared leadership and in collaborative decision-making processes, excellent influential management and coaching skills, able to relate to people at all levels of the organization, to earn their trust and engage them in contributing to our mutual success in fundamental to the role.
Outside Sales (50%)
- Act as main contact for all Corporate / Key Retailers in all National USA Accounts
- Support in-house Account Manager and Broker Network to grow sales with Natural, Conventional, and Specialty Accounts
- Act as main contact for Natural and Conventional Channel Distributors supplying product to Retailers
- Manage and grow accounts in USA to deliver increased sales based on agreed upon goals
- Prepare presentations for annual category review meetings and present at both retail and distributor level.
- Continue to acquire new accounts and business for all accounts that are a fit to company’s premium product line. Prospect and establish new retail, wholesale, and corporate accounts in the Natural, Conventional and Specialty Channel
- Attend trade shows (*Virtual or As required in non-Covid times) – Lead planning and coordinate all Trade Shows with goal of introducing new products, representing brand and product, providing info to buyers, placing orders, developing relationships with customers, and handling booth logistics (e.g. set up/break down, coordinate samples, etc.)
- Analyze existing spend and programs and develop cost-conscious, effective annual trade spend strategies with key retailers
- Manage Product Launches and orchestrate successful presentation and setup across all tiers of the industry (ies) for maximized speed to shelf
- Generate sales, obtain orders, and deliver functions/services to support goal obtainment
- Assist with Account or Distributor issues / follow-ups and escalation of issues as needed
- Provide excellent customer service meeting or exceeding Company standards
- Provide feedback to CEO on trend analysis, areas needing improvement to grow sales and maintain market status as #1 brand, e.g. marketing, new product ideas, new category ideas, merchandising improvements, growth opportunities, etc.
- Create, execute and follow up on ads and promotional planners for Key Accounts;
- Identify new opportunities in all classes of trade
- Understand customer priorities and business issues
- Review and submit retail marketing opportunities to the CEO
Broker, In-House Sales, and Distributor Management (50%)
- Oversee and lead USA Broker Network and in-house Sales Account Manager for optimized and constantly improving retail execution
- Create, implement and manage Sales Programs and Goals for Accounts, Distributors, and Broker Teams to incentivize maximum growth and success
- Train brokers and oversee broker goals, analyze and use distributor reports and SPINS data for related goal setting
- Leveraging support from Inside Sales Account Manager and Sales & Administrative Manager to execute successful promotions and sales programs
- Manage and expand distributor relationship in order to increase sales.
- Participate in ongoing education with brokers, distributors and retailers (*virtual or in-person depending on climate)
- Work with CEO and Sales & Marketing Administrator to create Marketing, Promotional Calendars, Audit Schedules, and Monthly or Quarterly Training/Sales Focuses.
- Identify and submit requests to Marketing Department for point of sale tools and support items
- Work with Sales Team (inside and out) to expand the company’s product line in all existing accounts
- Act as Liaison (with support from Broker Account Executives) for Distributor Accounts to address all aspects of daily communications for successful sales growth, e.g. Distributor Sales team communications, Promotions, Shows, Resolution of Assortment/DC issues, New Item Set-up, Pack Size Changes, Fill Rate Analysis, Annual Business Reviews, etc.
- Maintain an organized calendar of deadlines and priorities and manage schedule accordingly for all new items, promotional events, and communications; collaborate with Inside Sales to send samples in anticipation of review meetings
- Review / Approve all Expenses, Invoices and Chargebacks related to respective Channel Sales in the USA
- Ideally, 10+ years of experience in sales / business development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business highly preferred (Degrees in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, and other related field will also be considered)
- You've set quarterly and annual goals with customers and partners and provided monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets across all channels.
- Knowledge of Consumer Goods, Retail Sales, and Sales Management and best practices regarding business development.
- Experience managing resources within budgetary limitations and creating budgets.
- Ability to accurately plan and analyze sales volumes for a retailer, distributor or region based on historical sales data, trends and marketing efforts is necessary.
- Well organized, detail oriented, have very well-developed communication skills (both oral and written), and willing to take initiative to resolve problems with a creative approach.
- Proven speed and knowledge using Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Ability to utilize various online and personal tools to network and seek new opportunities
- Experience seeking and vetting potential partners for optimal market entry and match.
Radius is a better care company inspired by nature and designed with purpose for a better you & a better world. Started by an architect (my father), we set out on a mission to make everyday objects that are better for people and better for the environment. We started by solving an everyday problem with a simple object,
the toothbrush. And we had a simple idea: In a sea of false claims and absurd features, we took a different path - to create a more honest and effective product.
We applied ergonomic design and luxury materials to engineer a toothbrush that cleans better in your mouth, feels better in your hand, and treats the planet better with a focus on sustainability.
And that was just the start. We’ve taken that philosophy and vision of EVERY DAY BETTER to create sustainable toothpastes, flosses, and other daily use objects we think you’ll love too.
Our process is transparent: We use earth-friendly materials and sustainable manufacturing, even owning and operating our own factory right here in the US (in PA). We’re also proudly women-owned and operated and family-run, ensuring every product is designed for a better you and a better world.
Our message is clear: Your mouth deserves better, and so does the environment. And we’re just getting going.
Join us in this movement of Better Cleaning for a Better World.