Roo is Uber-meets-Zocdoc-meets-Facebook in the pet healthcare sector!
Roo is aiming to disrupt the $72 billion animal sector by providing an innovative technology platform, marketplace, and community that connects quality animal doctors and hospitals (and more), empowering these users in completely new ways.
The pet healthcare sector is currently years behind the human healthcare sector for technology advancement. At the same time, a rapidly-growing pet owner base requires increasing animal needs. Our aim is to combine experienced healthcare individuals with Silicon Valley talent to shake up this sector within 2-3 years.
We’ve recently officially launched our company, have early-stage funding secured, and have already exceeded our growth targets with significant momentum. This a very promising industry and company to quickly prosper in!
About the Role:
We’re currently looking for a fantastic Business Analytics and Operations Analyst who will be an important early hire at Roo. This person will wear different hats in this early-stage startup environment.
Data Reporting and Analysis:
- Create the next iteration of Roo’s data dashboard, enhancing our current website monitoring and day-to-day hospital / vet usage dashboards.
- Compile data and information across various sources and utilize the appropriate tools to enhance reporting and dashboards for our users.
- Manage end-to-end data and analytics across all stages of our marketplace lifecycle, from user acquisition to ongoing engagement.
- Develop actionable insights based on data analysis.
- Provide meaningful daily / weekly / monthly data reports without overwhelming the team.
Product Management Support:
- Help manage Roo's product roadmap and requirements as part of our platform delivery, liaising with internal teams using JIRA.
- Help provide our CEO with the insights, priorities, and updates needed for the next sprints (including insights discovered from data analysis).
Operations and Client Management:
- Maintain and oversee Roo’s platform administration, validating and managing user activity and ensuring Roo maintains quality professionals on the platform.
- Identify any improvements or enhancements needed across business and operational processes (e.g. onboarding, user acquisition, engagement tactics, etc.) based on validated observations data analysis.
- Manage user support inquiries or issues throughout Roo's process.
- Manage tools used across operational processes.
- Help manage hospital and vet / tech payments, liaising with the Finance team.
- Contact (online or via phone) hospitals and vets for any follow-up activities as needed.
- Provide feedback and insights to help make Roo's processes as efficient and cost-effective as possible while working with colleagues to ensure company and team goals are met.
- 2+ years of business analytics working on an operations team.
- Data / tool skills – querying/SQL/etc.
- Google Analytics, MS Office (e.g. Excel), and JIRA.
- Highly analytical; ability to take any unstructured information & structure it.
- Proactivity – staying ahead of the curve in day-to-day work
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (you will be interacting with our users)
- Strong attention to the details.
- Organized, yet able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Previous customer support / client success experience a plus
- Ability to work with different teams as well as remote team members.
- Ability to understand business needs and identify ways to grow.
- Flexibility and agility - critical, as this is an early stage startup environment.
- Positive, can-do attitude!