Creating a more equitable society by closing the academic and career opportunity gap for motivated young people from underserved and/or underrepresented communities.
We Propel Human Potential. SEO is an educational non-profit focused on improving outcomes for students that come from underserved and historically underrepresented backgrounds. For over 50 years, SEO has been an innovator in education, mentorship, and creating educational programs and opportunities that maximize the full potential of our students. We are on a mission to create an ecosystem of excellence for the students we serve!
ABOUT SEO ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS
The SEO Alternative Investments team’s mission is to promote diversity in the alternatives sector by providing education, access, and career development opportunities to both young and experienced professionals who are traditionally underrepresented in the alternative investments sector.
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Manager helps support various aspects of the SEO Alternative Investment Program programming with a primary focus on relationship building and program development. This person develops a comprehensive strategic plan that includes partnership management and operations projects resulting in meeting organizational goals and increasing the overall reach and impact of the program. The Program Manager reports to the Director of Alternative Investments. More specifically, the role will primarily focus on:
- Design, implement, and manage at least 2 new initiatives:
- Help connect diverse candidates to buyside opportunities at all levels (analyst, associate, VP, post-MBA, etc.) with partner and non-partner firms outside of the on-cycle recruitment process and the AIFP program
- Launch a fellowship/scholarship for diverse college sophomores and juniors with investment banking or strategy consulting internships offers and/or experience to prepare them for buyside analyst roles.
- Manage technology projects and implementations such as SalesForce, Chronus, BlackBoard, etc.
- Assist with database management by monitoring, collecting and assessing available data to determine effectiveness of current programming and messaging; suggest changes accordingly.
- Identify, propose and manage other initiatives that advance and support SEO AI’s strategic and operating objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform occasional evening and weekend work dependent on program needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four year university
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a program development and execution or similar role preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with attention to detail and proven leadership
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Successful track record of managing complex projects towards successful completion
- Ability to collect and analyze data to provide strategic direction
- Adaptable, particularly in fast-paced environments with shifting priorities
- Strong organizational and time management skills, critical thinking and ability to complete ad hoc projects in a timely manner
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence key partners; gets results through collaboration
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
More Jobs on Planted