We help thousands of people teach millions of students online.
Teachable is an online platform that enables individuals and businesses (our “Creators”) to build, host and sell online classes (“Courses”). At Teachable, we empower Creators to transform their knowledge into income.
We’re looking for customer-centric, technically minded and passionate people to help support our creators in using the Teachable platform. This is a critical and important role as many of our Creators are using an online learning platform for the first time and are moving their content online for the first time! Teachable support is a competitive differentiator, and our Creators frequently sing our praises. Our Customer Care Team has the unique opportunity to build relationships and work with our creators, directly impacting their success.
This is a temporary position for remote candidates located in Las Vegas only. The schedule is TBD but you should expect to work 5 days a week (typically 4 weekdays + 1 weekend day), including holidays. Your 8-hour shift will start between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. local time and end between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. local time (for example, potential shifts include 8am-4pm or 12pm-8pm).
- Efficiently deliver solutions to Creators and their students by email
- Drive results by meeting or exceeding individual and team productivity and quality goals
- Meet individual performance goals – includes measurements around productivity, availability, accuracy in responses provided to the customer and contributions to team
- Keeps current with product knowledge regarding the functionality and capabilities of the Teachable platform
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal savvy by explaining processes and technical information in a concise and thorough manner, to support diverse customers (Creators and Creator students) and teammates
- Escalates emails to designated ticket queue based on escalation criteria
- Collaborate and help close the customer feedback loop by reporting/synthesizing feedback to our product and engineering teams
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Completes other tasks as assigned
Who You Are
- Customer-focused – we strive to provide all Creators with an excellent customer experience!
- Customer Care “gene” – a willingness to listen, empathize and assist. Create customer empathy and rapport under challenging circumstances.
- Ideally, you should have above average technical proficiency (you’ve set up your grandpa’s Wifi and know your way around VPNs), can easily explain somewhat advanced concepts to folks who have little experience working within a SaaS, you may even have a site of your own on WordPress or Shopify.
- Effective communicator: Clearly and concisely explain, in writing, potentially complex technical issues to diverse audiences
- Have strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Enthusiasm for continual learning
- Open to constructive coaching and ability to implement performance objectives
- Minimum of 1 year in a metrics-based customer service type role
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills. You should be able to clearly and concisely explain, in writing, potentially complex technical issues to customers
- Ability to excel in data-driven, metrics oriented environment
- Customer focus, Instilling trust, Interpersonal savvy: Possess a willingness to listen, empathize and assist with honesty and integrity with both customers and coworkers
- Self-Awareness, Resilience, Nimble Learning, Drives results: Adapt to change in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and learn through experimentation and self-reflection. Push self and others to successfully exceed goals.
- Above average technical proficiency: Understand and easily learn advanced technical concepts.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Capable of working from home
- Do you have home internet and a computer with a webcam that you can use for video calls?
- Do you have internet that is uncapped with minimum speeds of 20 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload?