This job is no longer active
The Writer works with companies all over the world to get their words working harder. We help companies stand out from their competitors, improve how they deal with customers, shape their culture, and even make and save them cold, hard cash.
We’re looking for an account manager to join our busy, remote team in the US.
What’s the job and the salary?
We’re looking for a permanent, full-time time account manager. The salary will be $70,000-$80,000, and you’ll report to our Account Director.
You’ll work collaboratively with our creative, business development and project management teams to come up with and sell strategic solutions to our clients’ communication challenges. With guidance from the global client team, you’ll provide our clients with all the TLC they need, building relationships and growing our business with existing accounts. And as one of our Salesforce champions, you’ll record and share all of that for posterity.
Who are we?
We’re The Writer. We work with companies all over the world to get their words working harder.
In a nutshell, we do five big things: tone of voice, writing, training, content and naming.
What kind of person are we looking for?
Like everyone at The Writer, you’ll:
- love language
- care about quality
- mind the numbers
- feed curiosity
- grow together
You’re a great listener. You figure out what’s important to people. You can read the room and spot when someone has a question before they ask. You do your homework, anticipate next steps, and understand the challenges your clients and co-workers are facing.
You’re driven by numbers. You’re always on the lookout for evidence that great work gets great results – and you use those results to build relationships and win work. You’re motivated by financial targets and winning business.
You’re a confident communicator. Whether you’re presenting to the team or getting feedback from a brand manager, you’re able to stay personable, calm and clear. And from the CMO to your co-worker, you can communicate with just about anyone.
You’re a positive member of the team. You’ll offer solutions, rather than pointing out problems. You’ll find the positive in tricky situations and you think about the impact your words and actions have on others.
What will you be doing?
Build strong relationships with your accounts
- Get under the skin of your clients’ business, understand what they do, how they do it and how The Writer can play a part
- Capture all of this valuable information on Salesforce and regularly update
- Seek out, cultivate and grow relationships within your accounts to open new doors and provide new opportunities
- Work with the business development team, on shaping our plan for and delivering account-based marketing activity
Think strategically and collaboratively
- Be an ambassador for the agency. Raise our profile by being active and present in our client’s worlds
- Use Salesforce data to spot trends and new opportunities
- Support the client team and work closely with the creative team to create and deliver high-quality winning pitches
Focus on the numbers
- Ensure each project is costed to reach the minimum profit margin, using The Writer’s own profitability calculator
- Be comfortable and used to working to realistic objectives and targets
Track all your leads and report progress
- Be a Salesforce super user, keeping account, opportunity and contact data up to date
- Use Salesforce to track your opportunities against your targets and provide reports to the Account Director