The Writer works with companies all over the world to get their words working harder. We help companies stand out from their competitors, improve how they deal with customers, shape their culture, and even make and save them cold, hard cash.
We’re an independent creative agency looking for an Account manager to join our busy remote team in the US.
Who are we?
We’re The Writer. We work with companies all over the world to get their words working harder.
In a nutshell, we do five big things: tone of voice, writing, training, content and naming.
What’s on offer?
Remote work, caring culture
Our US team is remote, based in New York, the Midwest, and beyond. Our culture is close, collaborative, and warm – you’ll hear again and again that this is one of the nicest groups of people we’ve ever worked with.
Never a dull moment
Wherever words go, we follow (and usually fix them). You’ll have the chance to work with everyone from Fortune 500s – think Google, Cisco and Toyota – to growing tech cos and tiny start-ups. No two days are alike, and you have the chance to truly partner with clients, not just sell.
Growth and reward
You’ll be up for a discretionary annual bonus up to 10%, and lots of opportunities for progression. There’s room to influence the business at the level of your ambition.
Truly supportive benefits
We offer 100% paid medical, vision and dental care, as well as paid parental leave (taking a cue from our UK home base). We match 401K contributions up to 6% on a vested basis, plus a monthly remote work stipend for getting your home office squared away.
Everything in moderation
We believe in balance. PTO starts with 14 days paid vacation time and 10 paid sick days (on top of US holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year). You also get a day off to volunteer, plus a host of team traditions and surprise gestures that keep our remote teams connected.
Nuts and bolts
This is a full-time, permanent position, with a salary of $70,000-$80,000.
Who are we looking for?
Someone who can work collaboratively with our creative, business development and project management teams to come up with and sell strategic solutions to our clients. With guidance from the global client team, you’ll provide our clients with all the TLC they need for their communications challenges, building relationships and growing our business with existing accounts. We imagine our ideal AM as a confident communicator, great listener, positive team member – we hope you’re driven by the numbers, with a love of words befitting our work.
What will you be doing?
- Build strong relationships with your accounts by getting under the skin of your clients’ business, understanding what they do, how they do it and how The Writer can play a part, and capturing this valuable information on Salesforce
- Seek out, cultivate and grow relationships within your accounts to open doors and provide new opportunities
- Work with the business development team on shaping our plan for and delivering account-based marketing activity
- Be an ambassador for the agency, raising our profile by being active and present in our clients’ worlds – finance one day, tech the next, through the lens of language across it all
- Support the client team and work closely with the creative team to create and deliver high-quality winning pitches
- Ensure each project is costed to reach the minimum profit margin, using The Writer’s own profitability calculator
- Be comfortable and used to working to realistic objectives and targets
- Be a Salesforce super user, keeping account, opportunity and contact data up to date
- Use Salesforce to track your opportunities against your targets and provide reports to the Client Services Director