The Writer works with companies all over the world to get their words working harder. We help companies stand out from their competitors, improve how they deal with customers, shape their culture, and even make and save them cold, hard cash.
You’ll be one of our creative all-rounders: helping brands anywhere their words need help. From crafting compelling copy, to creating tones of voice, to naming bonus schemes and body washes. And you’ll turn your hand to training, too – sharing the secrets of good writing, and designing workshops that wow. Along the way, you’ll help us keep finding the words that shift the world.
We’re The Writer
We work with companies all over the world to get their words working harder. We do four big things: tone of voice, writing, training, and naming. We’ve been going since 1999 and have an office in London, and a team in the US. (Most of them are in and around NYC.)
This is a permanent, full-time role. It can be fully remote, or if you’re in the New York City area, we have team members there, who get together at a workspace every few weeks.
Who you are
As a creative consultant at The Writer, you’ll be:
- a tip-top writer, first and foremost. You’ve got solid experience in writing to follow a brief. And you can switch from navigating complex financial services writing to penning catchy taglines without missing a beat
- a brand language expert in the making. More than a copywriter, you’re up for getting stuck into the wonderful worlds of brand messaging, naming, tone of voice, and designing and running training. (Even better if you’ve already got experience in some of these things.)
- excited to be in front of clients – asking the right questions on briefing calls, knocking their socks off in pitches and working the virtual room in a workshop
- able to diagnose a client’s problems, and suggest approaches that will get them to where they need to be
- happy to switch between a variety of clients and jobs, and hit all your deadlines. Running a training session at 2, then whipping up a blog about broadband at 4? You’re not fazed
- insatiably curious about words and language, and finding new studies, ideas or examples in the world of writing to help our clients, and ourselves
- a natural collaborator – from giving and taking feedback on your creative work, to helping manage our network of freelancers.
And if you’ve got experience in social media, conversation design, UX or SEO, we’d love to hear about it.