VAL Health develops behavior change solutions that measurably improve health, increase engagement and lower the cost of healthcare.
About VAL Health
VAL Health is the leading health related behavioral economics consulting firm. We use proven science pioneered by our academic cofounders, coupled with our real-world experience, to tackle the hardest problems in health care. We develop behavior change solutions for our clients that measurably improve health, increase engagement and lower the cost of healthcare. We are actively hiring for a Senior Consultant.
VAL Health is looking for:
- An energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a background that includes consulting and health care. Knowledge of behavioral economics is a plus.
As the Senior Consultant, you will:
- Make a direct impact on some of the biggest challenges facing the health care industry
- Be a core member of the thought leadership team
- Take ownership of project deliverables, develop work product, and act as a subject matter expert while leading other VAL Health team members to exceed client expectations.
- Get to sleep in your own bed as our teams have limited travel (even in a post-COVID world).
Why advance your career at VAL Health?
- You will have an unparalleled opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization that is making a powerful impact on the health and health care industry through innovative behavioral economics based strategies.
- We foster inclusion and respect individuality and differences.
- We inspire each other with passion, energy and focus.
- We offer a unique opportunity to work with behavioral economics thought leaders and an incredibly talented team invested in each other’s success and professional growth.
- We offer extensive possibilities for a dynamic career as our work spans across the health care industry. Our clients and projects receive national recognition — we are regularly presenting at leading conferences including the World Economic Forum, SXSW, AHIP and HIMSS.
- Progression and compensation here are transparent: You’ll know how you’re doing against your goals and be given opportunities to expand your responsibilities.
- 3-7 years consulting or health care experience
- MBA, MPH or advanced degree preferred
- Ability to take both an analytical and creative approach to solving problems
- Strong problem solver including developing hypothesis and thoughtfully presenting recommendations
- Experience managing others
- Demonstrated success leading multiple projects at the same time
- Clear excellence in verbal and written communications
- A passion for health and health care with deep industry knowledge
The Senior Consultant position will be based in NYC after COVID allows us to be safely together in person- until then the position is remote. The position offers competitive compensation and equity, and opportunities for rapid career advancement. We work together in a casual environment and provide healthy snacks.