WGLI is a non-profit organization, founded in 2008 and dedicated to unlocking the leadership potential of women who want to make a difference. Our goal is to create a community of women with the confidence and determination to serve as leaders in personal, professional, community, regional and national spheres of influence. By addressing women’s needs for community, support, and education, we believe that they will become credible, active decision-makers who will facilitate positive changes in their families, communities, and the world.
This is a part-time, unpaid, remote, volunteer position.
WGLI is looking to expand its area of focus: Our mission is to strengthen professional women in the diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) space by creating a community where support, collaboration, and trust allow for real conversations; to create a platform where DEI professionals can exchange resources and pursue personal and professional development; to build a powerful collective that advances DEI initiatives by developing collaborative solutions to address systemic problems.
We are looking for a three month period volunteer legal/paralegal, attorney, or versed in filling and advising on how to file a new venture "The DEI Initiative" as Non-profit status or B Corp. We are a non-profit and want to file separately from WGLI and need the help of an expert.
The current political and socio environment is providing an opportunity for professionals in the DEI space to implement policies and initiatives to 'at last' create some real growth in leveling the playing field for women of color.
Our Initiatives include:
- Build a collaborative community to advance the policy, theory, and practice of equity and justice in the workplace.
- Promote the personal and professional development of individuals in the diversity and inclusion space.
- Facilitate collaboration, mentorship, and leadership among DEI Initiative members.
- Provide a platform for individuals operating across multiple professional sectors- including corporate, government, nonprofit, and community service- to coordinate action, exchange information, and share resources.
- Foster a welcoming community of DEI professionals and other professionals to the DEI space, where everyone has access to resources and mentorship necessary to incorporate diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice into their work life.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Filling all required documentation
- Obtaining state, city and county filings
- Setting up a system to support and comply with required documentation
- Aligning development and growth strategies to the organization`s tax status
- Set structure in place for the organization, the board of directors, and leadership teams.